Firm Service Areas: Litigation, Advisory and Corporate
Offices: Sydney, Lidcombe, Campbelltown, Newcastle, Wollongong and by appointment at home or hospital
Gervase joined Taylor & Scott as an Articled Clerk in 1970.
He was admitted as a Solicitor of the Supreme Court of NSW in 1975 and the High Court of Australia. Gervase was made a Partner of the Firm in 1977 and appointed Managing Partner of the Firm in 2007.
Gervase has dedicated his legal career to fighting for the rights of individuals particularly in the area of Personal injury.
As a Senior Litigation Lawyer, Gervase has fought for and won thousands of claims recovering millions of dollars for his clients.
These claims have taken Gervase to Fiji, New Zealand, Hong Kong, China, England, Ireland and Vietnam to gather evidence and ensure that the best possible outcomes were achieved for his clients.
Gervase has sat on the Board of a number of charities, with a particular interest in assisting young people at risk in the community.
Over the years Gervase has also represented the Australian interests of several foreign companies operating in Australia. He provides advice and strategies to small to medium enterprises both local and foreign doing Business in Australia.
“My vision is to ensure that Taylor & Scott continues to provide quality legal services at an affordable price and to maintain the Firm’s pre-eminence in the areas of Personal Injury Law, Industrial Law, Family Law and Commercial Law”.
Areas of practice in which Gervase advises clients include:
- Corporate Services
- Advisory and Strategy
- Compensation Law
- Royal Commissions of Inquiry
- Medical negligence
- Public Liability including slip, trip and fall claims
- Motor vehicle accidents including car, bus, truck, bike, pedestrian, ferry and train accidents
- Total permanent disability claims
- Diploma of Law
- Legal Practitioners Admission Board 1975
- Solicitor of the Supreme Court of New South Wales
- Solicitor of the High Court of Australia
Memberships and Industry Participation:
- Law Society of NSW
- Australian Lawyers Alliance (ALA)
- ParaQuad (Paraplegic and Quadriplegic Association of NSW)
- Workplace Tragedy Family Support Group
- Law Council of Australia