For the past 30 years, Heather has built a formidable reputation as one of the leading Family Law authorities in Australia. She provides an innate ability to translate the complexities of the law into simple language and brings vast amounts of compassion, common sense and understanding for those involved in one of life’s most traumatic experiences.
"It is my firm belief that Family Law is all about balance, care and absolute fairness, especially where children are involved."
- Heather McKinnon
- Family law
- Property matters
- Children's matters
- Divorce applications
- Slater and Gordon since 2008 (practice group leader)
- 2005 - 2008 Crane Butcher McKinnon, Lawyers, Coffs Harbour (partner)
- 1995 - 2005 Fishburn Watson O'Brien, Coffs Harbour (partner)
- 1991 - 1995 Sole practice, Heather McKinnon Solicitor, Coffs Harbour
- 1985 - 1991 Watts McKinnon Miller, Coffs Harbour (partner)
- 1982 - 1985 Mallesons Stephen Jaques, Sydney (solicitor)
- 1989 - 1997 Southern Cross University, NSW (visiting lecturer in law)