Hubert is a planning and environment lawyer. He completed a Bachelor of Laws (Honours) in 2015 and was admitted as a lawyer in 2016. In addition, he completed a Bachelor of Fine Arts (Painting) at Monash University in 2009. In 2016 he was awarded the Victorian Planning Environmental Law Association (VPELA) Young Professional of the Year. Hubert is an advocate who thrives on any opportunity to use his skills for Kellehers’ clients. He regularly appears at Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunal and Planning Panels Victoria in complex town planning, property, and environmental matters. He also advises clients on a diverse range of planning and environment matters including:
- Statutory and strategic planning matters;
- Planning permit appeals;
- Environmental and planning opportunities and risk management;
- Land use, including use characterisation and existing use rights;
- Rezoning of land;
- Management of contaminated land particularly asbestos;
- Heritage Council matters;
- Compulsory acquisition and compensation.
- Liquor license applications and objections; and
- Local government matters.
Hubert is a Committee Member of the ‘VPELA Young Professional Group’ and Law Institute of Victoria’s Planning & Local Government Committee. Since 2015 he has been a Tutor for the joint Humboldt University (Berlin) / Tulane University (USA) ‘International Summer School on Alternative Dispute Resolution’ in Berlin. In 2017 he was invited to take up a position as lecturer for that program.