Joe, an Accredited Family Law Specialist, is considered to be one of Brisbane’s top Solicitors practising exclusively in Family Law. Joe has extensive experience in Family Law issues relating to complex financial settlements and matters relating to children. He joined Hartley Family Law Services as a Solicitor in 2002 and entered into partnership with Brett Hartley in 2005, to create Hartley Healy.
Joe has practised exclusively in Family Law since 1999 and is a member of the Family Law Specialist Accreditation Advisory Committee, taking responsibility to assess candidates who apply for accreditation as family law specialists. Joe was previously on the board of Directors for the Family Law Practitioners Association, after being elected to the position by his peers.
Joe possesses the essential commercial expertise to examine complex financial structures and explore long-term consequences with our clients to help them obtain the best possible result.
As a well-respected and recognised leading expert in many areas of Family Law, complex property matters and valuation of property Joe is often invited to present at various seminars, write papers or be interviewed on various specialist topics: some notable examples include:
- Joe wrote the interview scenario for 2013 Accreditation Program that was used by both Queensland and New South Wales Accreditation Committees.
- Interviews and commentary in major Australian media publications including the Sunday Mail and Weekend Australian, most noteworthy:
- Commentary on the issue of divorce in an article titled “Divorces get ugly for rich: Couples use Spy Tactic”
- Interviewed for article “Doing Divorce on the Cheap”
- Interviewed for article “Money Matters in Family Feuds - Careful planning can take the financial sting out of Divorce”.
Joe has an exceptional reputation for success and continually receives the highest of praises from his clients for whom he has achieved much greater outcomes than they anticipated.