John Karantzis leads the WorkCover Compensation Practice Group. He has been accredited as a Specialist in Personal Injury Law by the Law Institute of Victoria and has expertise in WorkCover litigation including Serious Injury Applications and Common Law Damages claims for pain and suffering and economic loss.
John is an experienced trial lawyer with expertise in investigating and prosecuting complex claims through negotiated settlement and trial. John has a long standing reputation for providing compassionate no-nonsense advice and obtaining outstanding results for victims of work place accidents.
John’s career highlights include obtaining two Supreme Court of Victoria Jury verdicts both awarding in excess of $1 million in compensation for injuries sustained in the work place. In addition John obtained a County Court of Victoria Jury verdict of $250,000 for pain and suffering damages for his client who had broken both ankles in a fall at work.
Outside of work, John enjoys playing tennis, travelling and supporting the Blues.
- Workcover Litigation
Memberships & Associations
- The Law Institute of Victoria
- The Law Institute of Victoria Accident Compensation Committee
- Victorian Committee member of the Australian Lawyers Allianz
- Law Institute Litigation Executive Committee for 2012
Personal Qualifications and Admissions
- Bachelor of Laws, Graduate Diploma in Legal Studies, Bachelor of Arts (La Trobe University)
- Admitted as a Solicitor in 1998