Justin holds a Bachelor of Laws (Hons) from the Queensland University of Technology and a Graduate Diploma of Legal Practice from the Australian National University. Justin was admitted as a lawyer in 2009.
Prior to commencing practise as a lawyer, Justin was an associate to His Honour Judge Searles in the District Court of Queensland. As an associate, he gained immeasurable litigation experience which can only be absorbed when immersed in a court room day in, day out. That experience serves him well in his day to day activities.
Justin has practised predominately in Family Law for the past five years, however also has experience in criminal law, wills and estates and personal injuries. Justin’s experience in a variety of areas of law gives him a greater understanding of the broader issues that can arise in family law matters.
Justin has an interest in property settlement matters, particularly those involving business owners, that often have more complex business structures and require greater analysis and scrutiny of business records and managing the impact of the property settlement on the ongoing operations of the business. Justin prides himself on achieving the best possible outcome for his clients. Justin’s specialties include:
- Matrimonial and de facto financial settlements (including spousal maintenance)
- Litigation in the Family Court and Federal Circuit Court of Australia
- Consent orders
- Parenting arrangements
- Child Support Agreements
- Bachelor of Laws
- Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice
- Solicitor of the Supreme Court of Queensland
- Solicitor of the High Court of Australia
- Queensland Law Society
- Family Law Practitioners’ Association of Queensland
- Family Law Section of the Law Council of Australia
- Queensland Young Lawyers Association