- All aspects of Family and Relationship Law whether by agreement or litigation if required including:-
- Matrimonial property settlements;
- De facto relationship property settlements;
- Care and parenting arrangements for children;
- “Pre-nup” type property agreements that may be entered before, during or after a marriage or de facto relationship
- Wills and Powers of Attorney
Des spent most of his childhood and early adult years in the Riverina Region. Before turning to law, Des was employed in various positions in the rural industry ranging from that of station hand to being a livestock overseer on a major property. Des returned to study in his mid twenties. He completed a Bachelor of Laws (Hons) and Bachelor of Management at the University of Canberra and obtained his Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice from the Australian National University. Des began working with KJB Law at the completion of his studies in August 2002, and became a partner in July 2011.
Having a wife and seven children, Des developed a particular empathy during his studies for those people in the community who required guidance and advice when they found themselves going through a bit of a rough patch in their family circumstances. These factors combine to motivate Des to practice almost exclusively in the area of Family Law.