Malcolm was a Queensland Law Society Accredited Family Law Specialist up until 2016. As a Consultant with Kennedy Spanner Lawyers and whilst transitioning to retirement, it has not been necessary in 2016 for Malcolm to renew his Accreditation.
He has extensive experience in complicated property and children's matters. Malcolm has run many complex cases before the Family Court.
Malcolm brings an enormous wealth of experience to the table. With an accounting degree and having worked as an auditor before entering the legal profession, he possesses an ability to dissect financial issues in complex matrimonial property disputes.
He acts as a Court Appointed Independent Children’s Lawyer in family law matters. He has fulfilled this role since 1997 and this means he regularly interacts with child psychiatrists, child psychologists and family report writers.
Malcolm is fiercely protective of the rights of his clients. His vast experience and business acumen ensure his clients receive high quality and commercially realistic advice.
Malcolm believes that if the lawyers for both parties in family law disputes are doing their job well, the majority of matters should be resolved without the need for a court hearing. That said, he has a reputation for relentlessly progressing those matters to court that do require a Judge's ruling.
Membership and leadership:
- Accredited Mediator and member of the Australian Mediation Association
- Family Dispute Resolution Practitioner registered with the Commonwealth Attorney-General’s Office
- Member of the Family Law Section of the Law Council of Australia and the Queensland Law Society
- Member of the International Academy of Collaborative Professionals
- Member of Queensland Collaborative Law
- Malcolm also has extensive experience in Wills & Estates. He has a particular interest in assisting people with challenges to Wills.