Meghan Hoare is a personal injuries lawyer of over 20 years experience. She is State Practice Group Leader of Slater and Gordon’s Victorian WorkCover team, leading a team of expert WorkCover lawyers located throughout the State. In addition, she is General Manager of Western Australia, South Australia and Tasmania Personal Injury Law practices, overseeing teams of expert personal injury lawyers in these states.
Meghan has extensive experience in personal injury law and, in particular, in Workers Compensation, having a comprehensive and substantial knowledge of all aspects of the Victorian workers’ compensation legislative scheme.
Over many years, she has acquired a very high level of expertise in personal injury and workers’ compensation law having been involved in a broad and extensive range of litigation across all dimensions of workers compensation at every level of the Victorian Courts including Appellate Courts. Her wide litigation experience includes common law damages claims based on negligence and breaches of occupational health and safety regulations as well as proceedings in respect of workers’ statutory entitlements.
In addition to her experience as a litigator, Meghan has taken a lead role in contributing to various stakeholder proposals and responses to key policy, legislative and regulatory changes and reviews as part of Government workers’ compensation review processes. She is currently an active member of Worksafe Victoria’s Legal Liaison Group and of the Accident Compensation Committee of the Law Institute of Victoria.
- Personal injury law
- Workers compensation
- Motor vehicle accident compensation
- Since 2015, Slater and Gordon (General Manager of WA, SA, TAS PIL Group)
- Since 2012, Slater and Gordon (State Practice Group Leader WC Victoria)
- 2008 – 2015 Slater and Gordon (Practice Group Leader WC Ringwood)
- 2007 – 2008 Slater and Gordon (Senior Associate)
- 2005 – 2006 Winn Legal, Bendigo & Melbourne (Senior Associate)
- 2004 – 2005 Beck Legal Bendigo (Senior Associate)
- 2000 – 2004 Arnold Dallas McPherson, Bendigo (Associate)
- 1999 – 2000 Beck Legal, Bendigo
- 1997 – 1999 Slater and Gordon (Lawyer)
- 1993 – 1995 Clements Hutchins (Lawyer)
- Law Institute of Victoria
- 1994 Admitted, Supreme Court of Victoria
- 1993 Bachelor of Laws, Monash University
- 1990 Bachelor of Arts, Monash University