Professional experience Richard Cowen was admitted as a Barrister in Queensland in 1990. For more than 20 years he has practised as a solicitor exclusively in insolvency, commercial litigation and commercial negotiation, documentation and dispute resolution.
Richard has acted in many of Australia’s largest insolvencies, including Pyramid Building Society, Farrow Mortgage Services, Tri-continental, Bond Corporation, The Wattle Group (Dexter), Storm Financial, Kleenmaid and numerous others.
In addition, Richard has represented clients in a wide range of litigation matters, including securing Australia’s largest award of private exemplary damages for a client against a defendant who was found to be acting improperly.
Richard has considerable experience in asset structuring, corporate and commercial matters and related issues that affect our clients. He advises directors, shareholders and business owners on these matters before, during and after disputes arise. Qualifications and memberships
- Bachelor of Laws
- Graduate Diploma in Finance & Investment (SIA)
- Associate of the Securities Institute of Australia
- Solicitor of the Supreme Court of Queensland
- Solicitor of the High Court of Australia
- Solicitor of the Supreme Courts of Australian Capital Territory and Northern Territory
- Queensland Law Society and Law Council of Australia Insolvency Committee Member
- Member of the Queensland Law Society