Russell is a native of Newcastle, has been in practice in Canberra for over 20 years, and he also has experience in the public sector. His current practice focuses on:
- Resolution of commercial disputes by negotiation or litigation;
- Personal injury matters, particularly medical negligence cases, and including ACT workers compensation;
- Legal counsel over the last 10 years for a substantial commercial landholder in north Canberra, including management of the legal aspects of the client’s leasing portfolio, resolution of disputes and general advice;
- Wills, probate and estate administration, including Family Provision claims;
- Equity matters involving property or estate disputes;
- Criminal law in magistrates courts;
- Employment disputes.
After hours Russell enjoys golf and scuba diving.