Teresa joined Best Hooper in April 2007. She is part of the town planning practice and represents developers, councils and objectors.
In 2016, Teresa was again recognised as one of Melbourne's leading Planning & Environment lawyers by Doyle's Guide.
Teresa regularly appears at Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunal (VCAT), Planning Panels Victoria, Victorian Commission for Gambling Regulation (VCGLR), Magistrates' Court, Heritage Victoria and instructs Counsel at the Supreme Court of Victoria.
Teresa's practice involves:
- Assisting and preparing applications for planning permits;
- Providing advice regarding planning matters, including Planning Scheme amendments and applications for planning permits;
- Drafting and preparing Applications for Enforcement Orders and prosecution proceedings for municipal councils;
- Assisting respondents with planning enforcements and prosecution matters;
- Preparation and interpretation of Section 173 Agreements;
- Providing advice in relation to the interpretation, enforceability and beneficiaries of restrictive covenants;
- Providing advice in relation to the creation and removal of restrictive covenants;
- Providing advice in relation to gaming matters and representation in these matters at the VCGLR and VCAT;
- Providing advice in relation to liquor licensing matters and representation in these matters at the VCGLR and VCAT; and
- Providing advice in respect of Aboriginal heritage requirements throughout the planning process.
Teresa is a member of the Law Institute of Victoria, Victorian Planning and Environment Law Association (VPELA), National Environmental Law Association and the Urban Development Institute of Australia (Vic).