Anthony was admitted to practice in New South Wales in 1980.
After he moved to Western Australia, Anthony was accredited by the Law Society of Western Australia as a Family Law Specialist in 1994, a year prior to starting his own practice, Anthony R Clarke and Associates, in 1995.
The practice of law is a complex business and it is very difficult for one lawyer to be proficient in all areas of the law. In various States, including Western Australia, Law Societies have recognised this and have devised schemes for practitioners with expertise in Family Law to become accredited specialists.
To qualify as an Accredited Specialist in Family Law in Western Australia a lawyer must:
- Demonstrate a high standard of ability and experience in Family Law
- Have at least five years experience in Family Law
- Have at least twenty five percent of his or her practice devoted to Family Law
- De facto relationships
- Knowledge of pensions, Social Security and Legal Aid requirements are also covered.
To remain an Accredited Family Law Specialist a lawyer is required to keep up to date with developments in the law and must prove each year that he or she has continued to keep up to date with developments by attending compulsory continuing legal education. This shows that the lawyer maintains the required high level of involvement in the jurisdiction.
Anthony therefore regularly attends conferences and seminars relating to all areas of Family Law.
Anthony has extensive experience in dealing with both property and parenting related proceedings in the Family Court of Western Australia, including international relocation matters, farming cases and a range of cases with high value asset pools.
Anthony accepts instructions in relation to all aspects of Family Law including:-
- Property settlement;
- Financial matters involving complex issues;
- Parenting matters;
- Financial Agreements;
- Child Support Agreements;
- Spousal maintenance;
- Relocation matters, including international relocation and matters covered by the Hague Convention;
- International and cross-jurisdictional matters.
Anthony is a member of the Law Society of Western Australia, the Family Law Practitioners Association of Western Australia and the Family Law Council of Australia.