Chris has been dedicated to practising family law since 1983, when he moved to Australia from the UK. He established Dimocks Family Lawyers in 2002, after five years at Sly & Russell (now Norton Rose Fulbright), and then heading the family law area of Cutler Hughes & Harris.
Chris’s work covers all aspects of family law, and he helps families with:
- the myriad of issues which can accompany relationship breakdown
- children’s issues, including parenting plans and parenting orders
- binding financial agreements
- property settlements and financial disputes
- choosing and using the full spectrum of negotiation techniques and legal processes to help clients achieve solutions to their family issues
- domestic violence and ADVOs
- wise counsel and astute advice.
Chris attained Specialist Accreditation in Family Law in 1993, when the Law Society of NSW first introduced the accreditation scheme.
Beyond his work at Dimocks, Chris shares his family law expertise with other lawyers and professionals. He contributes regularly to Continuing Legal Education programs in NSW on family law matters. He has also presented many papers on family law issues, including on the effectiveness of binding Financial Agreements between married couples, and the Family Court’s shared parenting legislation.