Chris was admitted as a Solicitor of the Supreme Court of New South Wales and the High Court of Australia in 1989 and has practised exclusively in the area of Family Law for over 25 years. He achieved accreditation by the Law Society of New South Wales as a Family Law Specialist in 1994.
Chris is a former acting Deputy Registrar of the Sydney Registry of the Family Court of Australia, the former Chairperson of the Far North Coast Family Law Practitioners’ Association and a former and long-standing member of the Legal Aid Commission of New South Wales’ panel of Independent Children’s Lawyers (having appeared, in that role, in many difficult and complex parenting cases, on behalf of children).
Chris is a member of:
- The Law Society of New South Wales
- The Far North Coast Law Society
- The Family Law Section of the Law Council of Australia
- The Queensland Family Law Practitioners’ Association
- The Far North Coast Family Law Practitioners’ Association
- The Australian Institute of Family Law Arbitrators and Mediators
- Chris is also the National Chair of the Regional Committee of the Family Law Section of the Law Council of Australia.
Chris has acted in matters covering every aspect of Family Law. Chris is a passionate advocate for his clients’ success, prides himself on his thorough approach and strict attention to detail in all of his clients’ Family Law matters and is meticulous in his advice to and representation of his clients.
Chris is committed to and succeeds in resolving the vast majority of his clients’ Family Law matters through negotiation, without recourse to potentially costly, time-consuming and stressful legal proceedings.
Chris endeavours to provide his clients with as much support as possible throughout their matter, including, where necessary, referring his clients to experienced health professionals who can provide the professional support that is often necessary during what can be a very difficult and stressful time.