Damien has practised for over 30 years in the Family law and de facto relationship fields. Damien is an Accredited Family Law Specialist, a Mediator and an Arbitrator with extensive knowledge and expertise in all areas of family law. He has a particular interest in complex financial and property settlements and international family law matters.
Damien is consistently recognised by his peers in published reviews as a leader in the field of family law.
Damien was invited to become a Fellow of the International Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers in 1996, being one of the longest standing Fellows in Australia.
Damien is an appointed expert witness on Australian Family Law before the High Court in the United Kingdom. He has also provided expert trial evidence on Australian Family Law in the United States. Damien is a regular presenter at legal and other professional seminars, presenting to the International Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers on two occasions. He has had numerous articles published both in legal and non-legal publications.
Damien was a partner in a large Brisbane CBD and subsequently national firm for over 30 years before opening his own boutique family law practice where he can focus on his passion of helping clients achieve the best possible results during this very stressful time in their lives.
- complex financial and property settlements
- international Family Law including Hague Convention
- relationship agreements
- issues relating to children
- de facto relationships
- Parenting Pathway
- Solicitor of the Supreme Court of Queensland
- Solicitor of the High Court of Australia
- Queensland Law Society Accredited Family Law Specialist
- Mediator and Arbitrator
- Family Dispute Resolution Practitioner
- Queensland Law Society
- Family Law Practitioners’ Association of Queensland
- Family Law Section of the Law Council of Australia
- Fellow of International Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers