David is an experienced family and relationship lawyer who has practised in Australia and in the UK. He provides advice and representation to clients on all aspects of family and relationship law, both within Australia and internationally.
After initially qualifying and working in Australia as a barrister and solicitor, David moved to London where he gained broad experience working for an international family law firm. David has represented clients from across the world, many of whom are Australian or British expats. David's experience also includes working for the preeminent family law firm in Jersey (Channel Islands), where he gained valuable experience dealing with the financial complexities of offshore jurisdictions.
David is dual qualified as a solicitor of England & Wales and is therefore able to advise clients on both Australian and English family law issues.
David's areas of expertise include:
- divorce (including advising clients who may have a jurisdictional choice of where their case can be conducted);
- complex financial settlements where assets are based in Australia and overseas;
- binding financial agreements, consent order applications, and litigious matters;
- same sex and de facto property matters;
- prenuptial agreements;
- children’s matters including relocation applications, residence/contact disputes, child support and child maintenance; and
- Hague Convention child abduction cases ensuring children that have been wrongfully removed from their home country are returned.
Law Society of Victoria. Law Institute of Victoria. Law Society of England & Wales. Anglo-Australasian Family Lawyers Association.
BA / LLB; Grad.Dip of Legal Practice - University of Tasmania. Collaborative Lawyer.