Professional experience David joined Tucker & Cowen in 1999 and was appointed a Partner of the firm in 2007. Since becoming a Solicitor in 1998, David has practised principally in commercial litigation, insolvency and commercial matters. David has extensive experience in commercial litigation in both State and Federal Courts in shareholder and partnership disputes, finance and contractual disputes, litigation concerning trusts and tax litigation for a range of clients from public companies to small and medium enterprises.
David’s insolvency experience includes acting for many of Brisbane’s leading insolvency practitioners, as well as advising individuals and directors of companies facing financial difficulties. He has conducted numerous claims on behalf of liquidators and trustees for the recovery of voidable transactions, claims concerning breaches of duties owed by directors and provided advice in relation to various issues arising in insolvency administrations. David has presented at a number of seminars to the Queensland legal profession on insolvency related topics.
David also has extensive experience relating to corporate matters, corporate structuring, business sales, trusts and other commercial matters. Qualifications and memberships
- Bachelor of Arts
- Bachelor of Laws
- Solicitor of the Supreme Court of Queensland
- Solicitor of the High Court of Australia
- Member of the Queensland Law Society
- Life Member and Past President, Motor Neurone Disease Association of Qld Inc (http://www.mndaq.asn.au)
- Former Director, MND Australia Inc (2010 – 2012) and MND Research Institute of Australia Inc (2010 – 2012)