Prior to setting up a practice in Canberra, Andrea had her own law firm practising in Sydney, Wollongong, Parramatta, Newcastle, Bowral and Canberra. Prior to that Andrea worked with a number of specialist family law firms based in the Sydney, Maitland, Parramatta and Bowral and she has also worked in other areas such as Bathurst, Wellington, Dubbo, Coonamble and beyond, servicing country New South Wales.
Andrea has acted for clients in a range of matters including:
- Property settlement for married couples and de facto couples including same sex couples
- Situations where parents are unable to agree upon the time that their children will spend with each other
- Spousal maintenance applications
- Preparation of binding financial agreements including before, during and after co-habitation and/or marriage
- As an acting Independent Children’s Lawyer for children
- Andrea is accredited by the NSW Law Society as a family law specialist which recognises the skills and expertise that Andrea has in the area of family law.
With a strong emphasis in assisting clients to reach agreement, Andrea and her clients regularly participate in dispute resolution procedures including mediation and round table conferences. It is an ethic of attempting mediation and round table conferences prior to any proceedings being commenced in the Family Court or Federal Magistrates Court.
Andrea also appears as an agent in court for fellow legal practitioners who are located outside of the Canberra Metropolitan area and by attending court on a daily basis Andrea is able to ensure that she is up to date with the latest court procedures and developments.