HLS Legal is a commercial law firm specialising in employment law, industrial relations, litigation and OH&S for local, national and global companies.
Our approach is business minded and client focused. At HLS Legal, our experience in Employment Law, Industrial Relations, Litigation and Occupational Health and Safety, means our legal practitioners are able to provide your business with top tier service and expertise.
We work with our clients to implement tailored workplace relations strategies, resolve disputes and provide considered advice to achieve our client’s business objectives.
We offer the full spectrum of legal services in our field, including education, advocacy and representation, investigations, advice, settlements and litigation.
Our clients and peers consistently recommend HLS Legal as a Leading Employment & Industrial Relations Law Firm.
Our Firm Offers a Full Suite of Employment Needs
Employment is an increasingly regulated and constantly changing area. We provide employers with practical and commercial responses to the raft of compliance, and regulatory changes to legislation and case law by navigating complex and sensitive employment issues which may arise through considered advice.
We advise on a wide range of employment matters, including:
- Drafting, contracts, enterprise agreements and employment documentation including policies and procedures
- The latest executive remuneration requirements, Executive Service Agreements for key management personnel and corporate governance
- Employment aspects of all commercial transactions including transfer of business, acquisitions, disposals and service provision changes and insolvent restructurings and due diligence reporting
- Redundancies, company restructuring and change management
- Employment disputes, good faith bargaining, industrial action and right of entry
- Performance management, breach of contract, employment and dismissal claims, particularly those involving senior executives or complex issues involving general protections-adverse action claims, discrimination, bullying, post-employment restraints, protection of confidential information and intellectual property
The majority of employment disputes we deal with are settled prior to a hearing, and the team has considerable experience in negotiating settlements and resolutions. If litigation cannot be avoided, or is desired, we represent our clients in the Fair Work Commission, Western Australian Industrial Relations Commission (WAIRC), Industrial Relations Court, Equal Opportunity Tribunals (Equal Opportunity Commissions, Australian Human Rights Commission).
We represent and provide advocacy for our clients on employment matters in the State and Commonwealth Courts.