KHQ Lawyers was founded in March 2006 by two lawyers from top-tier and in-house backgrounds who believed ‘boutique’ meant nimble, responsive and modern. We still hold this belief dear today. While relatively young in approach and outlook, we have built a solid reputation as a strong team of talented practitioners from top-tier and in-house environments. We are proud to be the boutique firm of choice for a prestigious list of ASX-listed and multinational clients across Australia. Our diverse client base also includes high net worth individuals, SMEs, and niche agencies and consultancies.
Our Family & Relationship Law team consists of highly experienced family lawyers, including Accredited Family Law Specialists with the Law Institute of Victoria, who are also mediators and collaboratively trained lawyers. We also provide family dispute resolution services.
We take a holistic approach to family law matters, involving various experts such as psychologists, accountants and financial planners to achieve the most effective outcome for our clients. As part of a highly regarded, full service commercial law firm, our clients have ready access to expertise in areas such as general litigation, commercial property, workplace relations, private wealth and taxation, insolvency and technology.
Whilst experienced in litigation, we are committed to resolving matters promptly, including by use of family dispute resolution or mediation, where appropriate.
Most importantly, we provide a consultative and flexible approach to billing, offering hourly rates, fixed fee arrangements and up-front estimates to suit your requirements.
Our areas of expertise include:
- Divorce and Separation.
- Children’s and parenting matters (including relocation applications and complex litigation).
- Property and Financial matters (including complex property settlement litigation).
- Spousal Maintenance (married and de facto).
- Binding Financial Agreements.
- Consent Orders.
- Family Dispute Resolution (Section 60I Certificates).
- Collaborative Law.
- Family Violence and Intervention Orders.
- Multi party disputes (including corporate entities, and grandparent applications).
- Superannuation Splitting.
- Injunctions and restraining orders.
- Child Support Agreements, Child Support Applications and Adult Child Maintenance.
- LGBTI related family law matters.
- Surrogacy, Donor Agreements and Adoption.
- International children’s matters (including child abduction).
You can start the family law consultation process by using our online interactive form. Initially, you will be asked 7 basic questions about your situation. You will then be provided with general advice about your circumstances, some information about how the family law system works, and your options with regard to parenting arrangements and/or property settlement. If you decide you’d then like to meet with one of our lawyers, our online form will prompt you to provide more specific details regarding your current circumstances, which will be provided in summary form to our lawyers, to ensure your first meeting with them is meaningful. There’s no fee for using our online form.
Alternatively, if you’d prefer to speak to one of our lawyers, please don’t hesitate to contact us on (03) 9663 9877.