Ben is admitted as a Solicitor of the Supreme Court of Queensland and the High Court of Australia. For over a decade, Ben has worked on intellectual property and commercial law matters; taking a multi-disciplinary and practical approach to blend the technicalities of intellectual property law in a modern commercial context. Ben has advised on:-
- creating and tailoring corporate structures including company registration, share transactions and corporate governance;
- shareholder agreements, joint venture agreements and stakeholder relationship management;
- commercial contracts, such as business sale agreements and software development agreements;
- intellectual property asset identification, protection, transfer and licensing;
- enforcement of intellectual property rights, including cease-and-desist letters, court injunctions and trade mark opposition proceedings;
- trade mark strategy, registration and maintenance in Australia, overseas and under the Madrid Protocol;
- protection of confidential information;
- misleading and deceptive conduct under the Australian Consumer Law (formerly the Trade Practices Act);
- dispute resolution and mediation.
He has assisted clients in such diverse fields as information technology, chemical manufacturing, fashion, heavy vehicle manufacturing, transportation, food production, landscape architecture, not-for-profit organisations, charities and the arts. Outside the law, Ben has interests in music, technology, software development, design and architecture. He has completed studies in Japanese language and culture including a 2-month study tour to Sendai and Tokyo.