Marcus Clayton is the National Practice Group Leader for Slater and Gordon’s Industrial and Employment Law practice and a member of the company's national executive.
Marcus returned to Slater and Gordon in 1998, having begun his career at the firm in the 1980s. He was appointed a partner in the Industrial Law practice in 1999. Highly regarded in the union movement, Marcus has overall responsibility for the company’s dealings with the more than 50 union branches and offices Slater and Gordon acts for nationwide.
Apart from Marcus's industrial and employment expertise, he has broad legal experience gathered over his long career, including acting in a Royal Commission and coronial inquests, administrative law challenges in Federal and Victorian Courts, criminal law and personal injuries.
- Industrial advice and litigation
- Employment advice and litigation
- Occupational health and safety law
- Equal opportunity and anti-discrimination advice and litigation
- Commissions and inquiries
- Coronial inquests
- Administrative law
- Media advice
- Since 1999 Slater and Gordon (partner)
- 1993-1998 Western Suburbs Legal Service
- 1981-1989 Slater and Gordon
Professional Qualifications and Admissions:
- 1982 Admitted Supreme Court of Victoria
- 1980 Bachelor of Laws, University of Melbourne1980 Bachelor of Arts, University of Melbourne
Memberships and Associations
- Law Institute of Victoria