Gene is a tax and private client (trusts, superannuation and estate planning) lawyer who believes in delivering bespoke service, technical excellence and a thorough approach, usually, for a fixed fee.
Gene represents clients during ATO audits and in any negotiations or disputes with the ATO, as well as in tax litigation matters. He can also provide tax advice pertaining to a document, transaction or scenario. This includes providing domestic and international tax and trust structuring advice and legal opinions, as well as advising on asset protection.
Furthermore, Gene drafts and amends legal documentation so that it incorporates appropriate tax language (including documentation for business sales and purchases, tax indemnities & trust deeds).
Areas of tax that Gene practices in include:
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Real Estate
- Financial Services
- International tax law (including global transfer pricing)
- Private Client
- Transactional Taxes (including due diligence)
- Indirect Taxes (such as GST)
Clients of Nexus include:
• Brookfield Multiplex
• Uniting Care
Below are some of the prestigious awards that Nexus Law Group has won:
• 2017 Winner - 'Westpac Business of Tomorrow'
• 2016 Winner - Australasian Lawyer 'Innovative Law Firm of the Year'
• 2015 Winner - Australian Law Awards 'Boutique Law Firm of the Year'
• 2015 Finalist - Australasian Law Awards (three categories)
Gene has his own page which can be found at: http://www.genegoodsell.com.au.
Gene's clients include: lawyers, accountants, financial planners, private bankers, investment advisers, family businesses, high net worth individuals, companies and entrepreneurs.
Please remember that when it comes to tax matters, only the clients of tax lawyers can benefit from legal professional privilege. This ensures that sensitive matters are protected from prying eyes.