Paddy has acted for clients in a range of matters including;-
- Property settlement for married couples and defacto including same-sex couples
- Complex property settlement matters
- Child Support Agreements
- Applications under the Hague Convention
- Situations where parents are unable to agree upon the time that their children will spend with each parent
- Spousal Maintenance Applications
- Preparation of Binding Financial Agreements including before, during and after cohabitation and/or marriage
Paddy is accredited by the Law Society of NSW as a Family Law Specialist which recognises the skills and expertise that Paddy has in the area of Family Law.
With a strong emphasis on assisting clients reach agreements, Paddy and his clients regularly participate in dispute resolution procedures including mediations and round-table conferences.
If matters cannot be resolved and it is necessary for proceedings to be commenced in the Family Court or Federal Magistrates Court then Paddy has significant experience appearing before Federal Magistrates, Judges and Registrars which he does on a daily basis.
In addition to acting on behalf of his client’s in Family Law matters, Paddy also appears as agent in Court for fellow legal practitioners who are located outside of the Sydney Metropolitan Area. By attending Court on a daily basis, Paddy is able to ensure that he is up to date with the latest procedures and developments at the Court.
Paddy enjoys researching and learning about new developments in the law and regularly attends national and international conferences to ensure he is up to date with the latest in Family Law.