Peter is a co-founding Partner of Griffin Legal, a successful and contemporary private commercial law firm based in Canberra.
Peter's expertise extends to commercial law, corporate governance, employment law, not-for-profits, property and planning, and sports law.
Griffin Legal is a finalist for the Australasian Lawyer State/Regional Law Firm of the Year Award 2017.
Peter's achievements include:
- Providing advice to the Land Development Agency on the crown leasehold system in the Australian Capital Territory including the development of documentation covering the Affordable Housing Program which was an ACT Government initiative.
- Assisting a national sporting organisation appearing before the Royal Commission into Institutional Responses into Child Sexual Abuse.
- Providing advice to the Australian Paralympic Committee Limited.
- Governance review of various national sporting organisations.
- Player management contracts.
- Overseeing Workplace Investigations.
- Governance review for a national professional member organisation.
- Sale of large rural land holdings on behalf of a corporate entity.
- Conducting audits for IRE certificates for organisations in the construction industry.
- Assisting national union body with employment disputes on behalf of its members.
Peter is a current Director of Australian University Sport Limited and the Governing Board of the Canberra Institute of Technology.
Peter has also had extensive involvement in the national and international rugby, including as an Executive Committee member on the International Rugby Board (now World Rugby), and as a Director and Chair of the Australian Rugby Union, SANZAR, and Brumbies Rugby.
Peter played for the Canberra Raiders between 1982-84 (and scored the team's first recorded competition points).
You may contact Peter directly at [email protected].