Richard is widely recognised as a leading lawyer in New South Wales in contested estate claims, Family Provision Act claims and complex estate planning matters.
Richard's profile in estate planning and estate disputes is demonstrated by his involvement in the area including:
- A co-author of Succession Law and Practice (NSW) published by LexisNexis, ‘Mason & Handler’
- A co-author of Hutley's Australian Wills Precedents, 8th edition, published by LexisNexis
- A regular speaker to expert groups of the highest levels
- An expert witness in litigation involving difficult issues concerning estate matters and practice
- Accredited Specialist in Wills and Estates Law in New South Wales
- Former member (1992 – 2007) and former chair (1999 – 2007), Wills and Estates Advisory Committee, Specialist Accreditation, New South Wales
- Academician, International Academy of Estate and Trust Law
- Member of the Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP)
- Member, STEP NSW Committee and STEP Australia Education Officer
- Member of the Probate Users Committee, Supreme Court of New South Wales
- Member of the Elder Law and Succession Committee of the Law Society of New South Wales
- Affiliate of the Taxation Institute of Australia
Richard’s experience in estate disputes and estate litigation coupled with his detailed knowledge of estate planning law and estate administration law gives him a unique ability to advise clients in planning their estates and in undertaking effective estate litigation.
His experience also extends to partnership and shareholder disputes and advising on partnership agreements and shareholder disputes for public bodies.
He is highly regarded as a skilled communicator in his areas of expertise and an expert in the relevant law, which is evident from the frequent seminars he presents each year to the legal profession and others.
Information on Richard's key areas:
- Estate Planning & Trusts
- Estate Disputes