Over the past twenty years’, Kim has worked in the area of employee relations at a national law firm, a global resources company and the WA State Government. His main areas of practice are industrial relations, human resources and workplace investigations.
A skilled employment law practitioner, Kim assists clients across a diverse range of sectors including mining and resources, engineering, essential service utilities, education, non-for profits and the WA State Government.
Kim provides advice that is timely, direct, professional and pragmatic. Wherever possible he believes in exploring alternative solutions in order to provide the best outcome for clients.
Kim’s areas of expertise include:
- Preventative and proactive advice to employers on:
- managing employee matters prior to claims eventuating
- complex performance management and disciplinary issues
- strategising and conducting independent workplace investigations
- restructuring and redundancy solutions
- bullying, harassment and discrimination matters
- employee fitness for work requirements.
- Representation of employers in claims for unfair dismissal, adverse action, unlawful termination and breach of contract claims
- Advising employers on human resources policies, procedures and a wide variety of employment contracts
- Enterprise agreement negotiations, drafting, strategy and legislative compliance
- Training and advice to HR practitioners, managers and executives.
Prior to joining SRB Legal in 2018 Kim was co-founder and Director of a boutique industrial relations firm, Hodge & Smith.
He was admitted to legal practice in 2002 and holds a Bachelor of Laws from Murdoch University and a Bachelor of Economics from UWA.