Accredited Family Law Specialist
Professional Details of Terence Dale Newman:
- Terry commenced his articles in December 1976 in Townsville.
- He conducted his first family law Trial in 1980.
- On 1 March 1982 Terry was admitted as a Solicitor in Queensland.
- Terry was admitted on 12 April 1988 as a Solicitor of the High Court of Australia.
- 1 March 1983 – 31 December 2005 – Terry was a partner of the firm of Farrellys Lawyers in Cairns.
Additional Professional Qualifications:
- 27 July 1993 Completed the training qualifications as an approved Mediator for Queensland Law Society
- 1 July 1996 Completed examinations to become an Accredited Family Law Specialist.
- 24 November 1996 Completed the National training program for appointment as an Independent Child’s Lawyer in the Family Court of Australia and Federal Circuit Court of Australia.
- January 2000 to May 2010 North Queensland representative for the Family Law Committee of the Queensland Law Society.