Collette is an Accredited Family Law Specialist who has worked solely in the family law jurisdiction since 2004, including serving as the Associate to a Judge of the Federal Circuit Court of Australia. Collette has assisted clients across the spectrum of family law matters including complex financial cases, parenting matters involving serious allegations of family violence, applications by one parent to relocate a child’s residence, and de facto matters.
Prior to her becoming a lawyer, Collette held a senior management position in Audit & Risk Management with a publicly listed company which, coupled with her specialist family law experience, give her a unique understanding and perspective in matters featuring a commercial element.
Collette is recognised in Doyle's Guide as a Leading Family & Divorce Lawyer, Recommended Family Lawyer (High-Value & Complex Property Matters) and Leading Parenting & Children's Matters Lawyer.
Collette's areas of expertise include:
- property settlements, including matters involving substantial asset pools;
- complex parenting cases, with extensive experience in matters involving non-traditional family structures;
- spousal and adult child maintenance;
- child support;
- injunctions and restraining orders;
- cohabitation, pre-nuptial agreements and post nuptial agreements; and