David is an accomplished property lawyer with over 20 years experience in property law matters (real estate and business transactions). David acts for developers of residential, commercial and complex mixed use projects and can provide expert advice during each stage of that process.
David understands that the key to a successful project is ensuring that the right advice is provided at the beginning of the project and implementing an appropriate structure and well drafted documents for delivery of the project.
- Property Development (residential, commercial and mixed use) – Structuring projects & preparing off the plan Contracts and Disclosure Documents (high-rises, town house developments & flat land subdivisions etc) and management rights transactions.
- Acquisitions and disposals – including hotels, marinas, taverns, shopping centres, golf courses and commercial office buildings.
- Property Law Services – Negotiating, drafting and settling transaction documents across a diverse range of areas of practice.
- Leasing (commercial, retail and industrial) – Extensive leasing experience and regularly advising landlords and tenants of their rights and obligations.
- Advice – Advising in joint ventures, project management, shareholders agreements, business transactions and franchise agreements.
- Providing practical and innovative solutions for clients.
Acquisitions & disposals
Leasing (commercial, retail & industrial)
Bachelor of Laws (Honours) (Queensland University of Technology)
Bachelor of Business majoring in Accounting (Queensland University of Technology)
Graduate Diploma of Legal Practice
ADMITTED TO PRACTICE
Supreme Court of Queensland
Supreme Court of New South Wales
Queensland Law Society