Gina has longstanding experience in workplace health and safety, industrial relations and employment law and joined KHQ Lawyers having come from multinational top tier and national firms in Australia.
Gina’s particular expertise includes:
- workplace health and safety laws throughout Australia
- advising and assisting clients in managing major (including serious injury and fatal) workplace incidents. She provides support at each stage following a workplace incident, including the investigation phase through to (where relevant) prosecution and coronial inquiry
- conducting legal compliance reviews and reports, and assisting clients to develop and implement safe work systems, including safety procedures and safety training programs, and
- providing training to executives, management and staff on workplace health and safety legislation and case law developments, customised for practical application to the client’s business.
Working closely with her clients, Gina provides practical advice and legal representation. She regularly puts on her hi vis, safety boots and hard hat to visit client sites and projects to gain a deeper understanding of their operations. She provides solutions with practical application having regard to imperative business needs and drivers whilst minimising legal risk and protecting her client’s legal position.
Gina’s clients cover a broad range of industries, including construction, manufacturing and distribution, transport and logistics, resources, infrastructure and retail. She regularly appears in state and federal courts and tribunals. Her enthusiasm and energy for this area of legal practice is evident in the timely and responsive way she supports clients on workplace health and safety matters and the excellent outcomes she achieves for clients.
Contact Gina if you want a specialist workplace health and safety lawyer who will work with you and your team to provide easy to understand, practical legal advice, and who will help you to achieve results for your business that navigates and minimises legal risks.
Gina’s expertise has been recognised in the following national and international legal directories:
- Doyles Guide – Gina is ranked a leading Workplace Health & Safety Lawyer (Victoria, 2023), having previously been recognised as a recommended lawyer in this category (2020 & 2021).
- The Best Lawyers™ in Australia in both the Occupational Health & Safety and Employee Benefits categories (since 2017).
- Legal 500 Asia Pacific – recommended lawyer (2020).