I have extensive experience in commercial law, statutory interpretation, litigation, and insolvency, and in the provision of legal services in the areas of litigation and dispute resolution .
My background includes 17 years in private practice in both local boutique firms, as well as national legal practices. As a result of my career, I have an excellent suite of skills and extensive experience in:
- all aspects of corporate and commercial advice, construction law, and insolvency;
- statutory interpretation, contract review, and regulatory compliance;
- client and stakeholder management, including high level detailed communication skills to both sophisticated and lay clients, professional colleagues, Courts, and external parties;
- litigation and dispute resolution, including formal court processes and procedures in ACT Magistrates Court, ACT Supreme Court, ACT Civil and Administrative Tribunal, Administrative Appeals Tribunal, and Federal Court of Australia;
- taxation of costs in ACT Magistrates Court, ACT Supreme Court, and Federal Court of Australia, including applications for lump sum costs orders; and
- alternative dispute resolution including mediation, expert determination, and arbitration.