Ines Kallweit leads our Wills & Estates team. She is an Accredited Specialist in Wills & Estates (with the Law Institute of Victoria), a member of the Society of Trust and Estates Practitioners, and is a notary public.
Ines’ practice ranges from estate planning and the preparation of Wills and Powers of Attorney, through to complex estate administration and estate litigation. Her broad knowledge in this area and solutions-focused approach allows her to assist clients with the preparation of comprehensive estate plans and the administration of complex estates. Her estate litigation work involves both defending estates and representing individuals in resolution of disputes involving Wills, property, estate and guardianship matters.
Ines’ expertise includes:
- succession planning and asset structuring
- advice in relation to and preparation of Powers of Attorney, Appointment of Medical Treatment Decision Makers and Advanced Care Directives
- applications for Grants of Probate and Letters of Administration
- guardianship & administration matters (including VCAT appearances)
- Will and trust disputes
- family provision claims (seeking further provision from deceased estates)
- resealing international & interstate Grants of Probate
- charitable gifts & cy-prés applications, and
- complex estate administration (including as court appointed administrator).
Ines advises clients in all areas of estate planning, estate administration and estate litigation and has been appointed by the Supreme Court of Victoria to provide notarial services in Victoria.
Ines also has a keen interest in promoting legal education. She has a Master of Teaching and is an adjunct lecturer at the College of Law. She speaks for various professional development providers including the Law Institute of Victoria, Leo Cussen Institute and Television Education Network. Ines is a native German speaker.
Ines is widely regarded as one of the country’s foremost practitioners in this area of law. Since 2019, she has been recognised in well-regarded legal directory, Doyles Guide, as a preeminent Wills & Estates Litigation Lawyer in Australia (having previously been ranked as a leading lawyer in the same category in 2017 & 2018). She has also received the following recognition in Doyles Guide:
- Preeminent – Wills & Estates Litigation Lawyer – Victoria – a ranking Ines has held since 2015.
- Preeminent – Wills, Estates & Succession Planning Lawyers – Victoria, 2019-2022 (ranked “Leading” in 2017 & 2018).
- Leading – Wills, Estates & Succession Planning Lawyers – Australia, 2018.
- The Best LawyersTM in Australia – Trusts & Estates (2024).