A solicitor of the Supreme Court of Queensland and the High Court of Australia, Jeneve is a Queensland Law Society Accredited Specialist in Succession Law.
An Accredited Specialist is a practising solicitor who has demonstrated specialised competence in a particular area of law and has been conferred Specialist Accreditation by the Law Society under its peer-reviewed Specialist Accreditation Scheme. There are around 40 Queensland specialist succession lawyers in Queensland.
Jeneve is recognised by her peers as one of Queensland’s leading Wills, Estates and Succession planning lawyers, and Estate Litigation Lawyers, in numerous industry organisations such as Doyle’s Guide and APAC Insider.
Jeneve provides advice and representation on matters relating to succession, such as estate planning, estate administration, estate litigation, guardianship and administration for vulnerable people, end of life decision-making and the like.
Career highlights of Jeneve’s professional career include:
- Member – Queensland Law Society Succession Law Committee – current
- Member – Queensland Law Society Advisory Committee for Succession Law specialist accreditation 2011 – 2018
- Sessional teacher Succession Law – James Cook University 2009 – 2013
- Solicitor Supreme Court of Queensland and High Court of Australia -2004 –
- Associate to Her Honour Judge Sarah Bradley District Court of Queensland – 2003
Jeneve is frequently invited to present at professional legal conferences and seminars. Some recent presentations include:
- Legalwise 10 CPD Points in One Day- “Why bother having a will?” 31 August 2018
- Far North Queensland Law Association – “Yes we have no bananas!” 23 March 2018
- Queensland Law Society Succession and Elder Law Residential 2017 – Questions of Notice Panel.
- Queensland Law Society Annual Symposium 2017: Questions on Notice Panel chair
- Queensland Law Society Annual Symposium 2016: Five Things You Ought to Know About Family Provision Applications
- Queensland Law Society North Queensland Symposium 2015: End of Life Decision-making
- Queensland Law Society Succession and Elder Law Residential 2015: Case Update
- Society of Trusts and Estate Practitioners/QLS: A Century Strong – 100 years of family provision 2014
- QLS Symposium 2014: Enduring Powers of Attorney – remedying loss in estates
- STEP QLD Annual Conference 2014: Powers of Attorney – the nuts, bolts, and icing on the cake.
Additionally, Jeneve has served as a member of the Law Society’s Specialist Accreditation Advisory Committee since 2012, which runs the Specialist Accreditation program for succession law. The program provides practitioners with an opportunity to be formally recognised for their high level of competence and knowledge in their particular area of expertise. It also provides the public, and the legal profession, with a link to practitioners who are leaders in their field.
Jeneve enjoys presenting to community groups and organisations on succession-related topics such as wills, powers of attorney, and guardianship and administration for the incapacitated. Jeneve welcomes enquiries from community organisations regarding speaking opportunities.
Jeneve holds honours degrees in both law and arts from James Cook University, and taught succession law for many years at the Cairns and Townsville campuses.