With over 30 years of experience in Family Law, Kate Keating heads our Family Law team. As an Accredited Family Law Specialist, Kate is committed to assisting you with your sensitive family law issues – whether that be the unravelling of often complex property issues, or working with you to achieve the best outcome for you and your children.
With her training in both Mediation and Collaborative Practice, Kate strives to assist clients in resolving their family issues without the need for Court intervention.
If Court representation is required, however, Kate is an experienced litigator and represented clients in Commercial and Civil Litigation in State and Federal Courts prior to practicing exclusively in Family Law. Since that time, Kate has represented clients through to the Full Court of the Family Court and the High Court of Australia in family related matters.
Kate is a member of:
- Queensland Law Society;
- Law Council Australia;
- Family Law Practitioners Association of Queensland;
- Queensland Collaborative Law;
- International Academy of Collaborative Practitioners;
- Australian Institute of Arbitrators and Mediators;
- Gold Coast Mediations;
- Gold Coast Family Law Pathways Group.
Kate currently serves on the following committees:
- Gold Coast Family Law Pathways Group;
- Queensland Collaborative Law; and
- Gold Coast Mediations.