Our family law team consists of highly experienced family lawyers, including Accredited Family Law Specialists with the Law Institute of Victoria, who are also mediators and collaboratively trained lawyers.
We are also able to provide family dispute resolution services.
Whilst we are experienced in litigation, our team is committed to resolving matters promptly, and with the use of family dispute resolution such as mediation where appropriate.
We also take a holistic approach to family law matters, involving various experts such as psychologists, accountants and financial planners to achieve the most effective outcome for our clients.
We have the benefit of working within a full service commercial firm, with expertise in various areas of commercial law including general litigation, commercial property, workplace relations, insolvency and technology.
Most importantly, we provide a consultative and flexible approach to billing, offering hourly rates, fixed fee arrangements and up-front estimates to suit your requirements.
Our areas of expertise include:
- Divorce and Separation
- Children’s and parenting matters (including relocation applications and complex litigation)
- Property and Financial matters (including complex property settlement litigation)
- Spousal Maintenance (married and de facto)
- Binding Financial Agreements
- Consent Orders
- Family Dispute Resolution (Section 60I Certificates)
- Collaborative Law
- Family Violence and Intervention Orders
- Multi party disputes (including corporate entities, and grandparent applications)
- Superannuation Splitting
- Injunctions and restraining orders
- Child Support Agreements, Child Support Applications and Adult Child Maintenance
- GLBTI related family law matters
- Surrogacy, Donor Agreements and Adoption
- International children’s matters (including child abduction)