Sydney Compensation Specialists is directed and run by Kim Breda. Kim has practiced in Plaintiff personal injury litigation for more than 20 years and is an Accredited Specialist in Personal Injury Law as awarded by the NSW Law Society.
Kim has experience in all facets of personal injury litigation including:
- Civil claims arising from institutional abuse
- Motor Accidents Claims
- Liability claims including product liability, occupiers liability, public liability and general negligence claims
- Medical Negligence claims
- Compensation to Relatives claims
- Work Injury Damages claims
Kim has significant experience in running civil claims arising from institutional abuse. Kim has acted for survivors of abuse in claims against the Catholic Church and other religious institutions, Department of Education, Department of Families and Communities (DOCS), children’s homes, day care centres, private schools and various other institutions. This is an area of law which requires very specific legal knowledge, but at the same time requires balance with trauma informed principles. Kim is committed to obtaining the best results for her clients, in a caring, trauma informed way.
Kim is a panel lawyer for the Knowmore organisation. Knowmore was established by, and operates as a separate program of the National Association of Community Legal Centres. It was established in order to assist people navigating and providing information to the Royal Commission into Institutional Responses to Child Sexual Abuse. http://knowmore.org.au/
Kim has the following memberships and associations:
- Member of the NSW Law Society
- Member of the Australian Lawyers Alliance
- Admitted as a solicitor to the NSW Supreme Court (2001)
- Accredited Specialist in Personal Injury Law (NSW Law Society)