Matt graduated from Bond University with a specialisation in Commercial Law, and has practised primarily in Corporate and Commercial Law. He prides himself on providing personalised and pragmatic advice to clients and ensuring that his clients’ objectives are met in the most commercial manner possible.
Matters that Matt regularly leads and manages includes:
- Corporate/commercial law – advising clients in connection with corporate structuring, complex share sales (including mid-market transactions), capital raising, shareholder agreements, corporate governance and general business transactions;
- Sports law – advising clients, including National Sporting Organisations and high-profile elite athletes, in relation to a wide range of sports-related matters, including corporate governance, sponsorship agreements, intellectual property licensing transactions and disputes heard in the National Sports Tribunal;
- Cryptocurrency law - advising local and international clients (project operators, exchanges, etc) on AML/CTF laws, providing corporate structuring advice to digital asset exchanges, drafting end to end agreements for cryptocurrency businesses and advising on the application of the financial services provisions in the Corporations Act 2001 (Cth);
- Employment law – preparing employment contracts, enterprise agreements and policies and procedures and advising clients in connection with unfair dismissal, general protections and discrimination laws.
Matt was formerly a member of the Brisbane Broncos’ Elite Performance Unit before a career-ending spinal injury was sustained in 2009. Keen to maintain an involvement in sport, Matt is a former director of Rugby League Gold Coast Ltd and is currently:
- a member of the National Sports Tribunal Legal Assistance Panel;
- a member of the Football Queensland Appeals Tribunal.