Maurice was called to the bar in 2017. His practice is broad with a focus on employment and industrial law, WHS, discrimination, corporate law, equity and regulatory prosecutions.
During his time at the Bar, Maurice has been involved in several cases involving major commercial and industrial disputes in the transport, maritime, manufacturing, mining, professional services, construction and other industries.
Maurice's areas of interest include the regulation and governance of the workplace, markets, corporations and other institutions. Maurice’s other areas of special interest include restraint of trade litigation, the duties of directors and officers of corporations, shareholder/partnership disputes, and enforcement of regulatory obligations.
Maurice also regularly appears in matter involving prosecutions involving the Heavy Vehicle National law
Areas of Practice
- Employment, industrial and discrimination
- Restraints of trade, director’s duties, shareholder disputes
- Commercial, corporate, equity
- Regulatory prosecutions
- Professional negligence and disciplinary matters in NCAT
- Workplace safety, coronial inquests
- Inquiries and investigations