Paul is a commercial and insurance litigator with over 35 years experience as a legal practitioner. He was a partner of an international law firm for more than 10 years before joining YPOL.
Paul’s work has enjoyed peer and industry recognition. He has been consistently rated as one of the leading insurance and reinsurance lawyers in Australia.
Paul has acted for major local and international reinsurers, insurers and their insureds. His areas of expertise include:
- Insurance and reinsurance claims monitoring and coverage, particularly for large-scale excess of loss claims and financial lines claims
- Professional indemnity defence litigation, especially financial lines and building and construction
- Insurance coverage litigation
- Reinsurance advice and claims
- First party loss claims, particularly under fidelity, crime and bankers bond covers
- Policy drafting
- Regulatory matters, including APRA, ASIC and ACCC investigations
- Product liability
- General commercial litigation
Paul is a member of the Law Society of New South Wales and the Australian Insurance Law Association (AILA). He is a past president of the New South Wales branch of AILA, and a past director of the AILA National Board.