Sam Carragher holds a Bachelor of Laws (Honours) and Bachelor of Economics from the University of Adelaide.
Prior to becoming a Director of WRP Legal & Advisory, Sam was special counsel at a large national law firm.
Sam is an experienced litigator with a strong commercial focus. His areas of expertise include insolvency litigation and advisory, security enforcement, recoveries and construction, property and leasing disputes.
Sam also has a keen interest in advocacy and regularly appears in both the State and Federal Courts.
Sam has been recognised by his peers as one of the Best Lawyers in Australia (2019) in the area of Insolvency and Reorganisation Law.
His relevant experience includes:
- Advising insolvency administrators, secured creditors and directors with respect to various complex issues arising from insolvency administrations including Timbercorp Limited (In Liquidation), EzyDVD Pty Ltd (in Liquidation), and Environinvest Limited (In Liquidation).
- Acting for chattel and real property financiers in security enforcement and recovery.
- Acting for property owners or tenants on advancement or defence of claims under leases, guarantees and other real property issues.
- Acting for clients on a range of building and construction disputes including claims under security of payment legislation and claims with respect to defects.
- Acting for creditors in matters involving allegations of fraud, dishonesty and misleading and deceptive conduct.
- Acting of tax payers in taxation disputes at both a State and Federal level.
- University of Adelaide – Bachelor of Laws (Honours)
- University of Adelaide – Bachelor of Economics
- Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice (Law Society of South Australia)
- Admitted to Practice in the Supreme Court of South Australia
- Admitted to Practice in the High Court of Australia
- ARITA Advanced Insolvency certification