Scott Taylor, Taylor David Lawyers
Scott is the founding Partner of Taylor David Lawyers with over 15 years’ experience in reconstruction and insolvency law.
His engagements involve advising on acquisitions, securities, risk mitigation, debt equity swaps and leading strategic negotiations. Clients Scott has advised include Federal Government departments, Fortune 500 companies, leading insolvency practitioners, investments banks, foreign multinationals, directors and creditors.
Scott has appeared in and worked on matters throughout Australia, New York, London, Singapore and Hong Kong.
Scott also sits on the board of ASX listed InteliCare Holdings Limited.
Acting for Mr Nathan Tinkler throughout his bankruptcy to successfully negotiate with creditors, annulling the $500m+ bankruptcy for $1.2m.
Successfully setting aside the decision of Mr Nathan Tinkler’s bankruptcy trustee, permitting Mr Tinkler to travel in Tinkler v Melluish (Trustee); in the matter of Tinkler (Bankrupt)  FCA 52.
Leading negotiations for an Australian based debtor with a New York Investment Bank for a US$220m debt equity swap.
Successfully annulling the largest bankruptcy in Australian history with $2.12billion of creditor claims.
Successfully annulling the $30m bankruptcy of Mr Damian Griffiths.
Facilitating negotiations to mitigate construction and operational losses for a US$330m silver mine in Central America after the collapse of a global mining machinery manufacturer involving cross border issues between Europe; North and Central America; South East Asia; and Australia.
Successfully negotiating a debt swap and reduction with a syndicated lending group for in excess of US$350m.
Successfully pursuing pre-insolvency advisors on behalf of liquidators for aiding and abetting director breaches (largely around phoenix activity) under section 79 of the Corporations Act 2001 (Cth).
Successfully recovering unfair preference payments in the matter of Morton & Anor v Rexel Electrical Supplies Pty Ltd  QDC 49; thereafter successfully opposing the Appeal with costs in the matter of Rexel Electrical Supplies Pty Ltd v Morton  QCA 235; thereafter successfully obtaining indemnity costs of the entire action in the matter of Morton & Anor v Rexel Electrical Supplies Pty Ltd (No 2)  QDC 6.
Advising the liquidators of a mining company on the recovery of several million Euro from entities operating throughout Finland and Canada.
Advising Australian based liquidators on the realisation of a tin mine located in Uganda.
Advising the Administrators of Allied Brands Limited (Baskin Robbins) regarding the establishment of a creditors trust for re-listing on the ASX.
- Non-Executive Director: InteliCare Holdings Limited (ASX:ICR).
- Former Board Member (2016-2020): Children’s Hospital Foundation Queensland.
- Author: Scott D. Taylor (2016) Restructuring and Insolvency in Australia: Overview. Restructuring and Insolvency Global Guide [Online]. Thomson Reuters, London.
- Speaker at the Hedgeye Risk Management Wall Street Thought Leaders Round Table, New York: International Mining Bankruptcy Law. 2016.
- Author: Taylor, S. D., (2015). Australia. In: Bernstein, D. The International Insolvency Review. 3rd ed. London: Law Business Research. 17-31.
- Speaker at QLD IPA Insolvency Forum, Brisbane: Pre-Packaged Insolvency Arrangements 2013
- Chairman of the 12th Annual Insolvency Practice Symposium. 2012.
- Mediator and Chair for the Marine Industry In Crisis forum at the Brisbane Convention Centre. 2011.
Queensland Law Society
American Bar Association
Australian Restructuring Insolvency & Turnaround Association (ARITA) (formerly the Insolvency Practitioners Association of Australia)
International Association of Restructuring, Insolvency & Bankruptcy Professionals (INSOL)
Turnaround Management Association
Australian Institute of Company Directors