Simon was admitted to practice in 1990 and spent 6 years working with Herbert Smith Freehills (as it is now known) in the early part of his career. He joined a small commercial CBD firm thereafter and was a founding partner of Horton Rhodes in 1996.
Simon’s experience allows him to bring a strategic approach to matters to ensure that his client’s commercial outcomes remain paramount. In addition to commercial matters Simon has also acted for clients in a variety of regulatory inquiries, Royal Commissions and white collar crime matters and investigations.
Simon has been recognised and listed in Doyles Leading Commercial Litigation & Dispute Resolution Lawyers – NSW 2018.
Simon’s principal areas of practice are –
- Commercial litigation;
- Regulatory inquiries and investigations; and
- Senior level employment contract advice.
- Acted for Hancock Prospecting Pty Limited in a royalty dispute, succeeding at trial and in the High Court
- Acting for former CEO of Citigroup Australia in proceedings brought by the ACCC alleging cartel conduct
- Acting for former CEO of ASX Limited and Tabcorp Limited in relation to foreign bribery allegations
- Acted for senior coal industry executive and public company director in ICAC Operations Jasper and Acacia with no adverse findings made
- Acted for former CEO of Rexel in Australia in ACCC cartel proceedings concerning the electrical cable industry. Proceedings dismissed and ACCC ordered to pay costs
- Acted for multiple individuals in ASIC investigations, including in relation to alleged insider trading and unconscionable conduct
- Acting for an executive employed by AMP Limited in relation to issues arising in the Banking Royal Commission
- Acted for BGC Partners Pty Limited in Federal Court proceedings against ICAP Pty Limited concerning alleged broker poaching
- Acting for substantial irrigation operator in relation to prosecutions alleging breach of Water Licence conditions
- Acted for witnesses called before the Royal Commission into Trade Unions and Royal Commission into Child Sexual Abuse