Tanya is a Partner at MV Law with a wealth of experience in estate planning and disputes. She has received annual recognition by the prestigious Doyles Guide as a leading Wills and Estates Lawyer in the ACT since 2016.
Tanya has particular expertise in estate litigation and regularly advises and represents clients in relation to contested wills and family provision claims. Tanya has successfully represented hundreds of clients in court proceedings both in the ACT and NSW. She has a background in personal injury litigation and is able to assist with advice regarding claims for compensation for injuries sustained in the ACT.It is Tanya’s warm approach to her clients and the ability to explain complex legal concepts in easy-to-understand terms that gives her the true competitive edge in an area of law that can be emotional, confusing, and overwhelming. Tanya is a strong advocate for the interests of her clients.
Tanya heads up a team of dedicated professionals, who share her passion for empowering clients by working collaboratively to achieve their desired outcomes.
- Probate and Letters of Administration
- Administration of deceased estates (contentious and non-contentious)
- Estate disputes and estate litigation
- Family Provision claims
- Elder law
- Estate planning
- Enduring Powers of Attorney and Enduring Guardians
- Wills and Testamentary Trust Wills
- Superannuation death benefit disputes
- Personal injury compensation
- Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice – Australian National University (2003)
- Bachelor of Laws – University of Canberra (2002)
- Bachelor of Management – University of Canberra (2000)
- Australian Capital Territory, 2003
Affiliations and Memberships
- ACT Law Society
- Member of the ACT Estate Planning Discussion Group