Will Stidston is a special counsel in our Melbourne office. He has over a decade of experience in family law and has practised exclusively in this area since 2010. In 2013, Will became accredited as a specialist in family law by the Law Institute of Victoria.
Will specialises in:
- Complex financial matters, encompassing corporate interests, trusts, business valuations, farming properties and international property interests.
- Matters involving complex legal questions, including those relating to equitable interests, contractual principles relating to financial agreements, third party issues, issues of jurisdiction, the establishment of de facto relationships, and proceedings commenced pursuant to section 79A of the Family Law Act 1975 (Cth).
- Urgent financial matters including spousal maintenance applications and ex parte injunctions.
- Difficult parenting cases encompassing relocation (both international and domestic), issues arising under the ‘Hague Abduction Convention’ and parental alienation.
- Urgent parenting cases including Family Law Watch List and recovery applications.
- Asset protection and the preparation of financial agreements.
Will has worked on a number of large scale multi-million dollar financial matters involving intricate corporate structures, together with difficult parenting cases involving international relocation. He also has extensive experience with respect to matters involving family violence, including Victorian intervention orders.
Will regularly appears in the Family Court of Australia, the Federal Circuit Court of Australia and the Magistrates’ Court of Victoria. He also works closely with experienced family law Counsel, including Queen’s/Senior Counsel, when appropriate.
Will was named a Doyle's Guide Rising Star in Family Law in the 2018 and 2019 editions.
Will has a Bachelor of Laws (Hons) and is currently studying a Master of Laws at the University of Melbourne.