Gareth primarily practises in commercial litigation and has been involved in large complex commercial litigation matters in the Supreme Court, the Court of Appeal and the County Court. He has a strong interest in the world of Digital Finance, especially in relation to Blockchain, Fintech, Regtech, Cryptocurrency and financial regulation more broadly. Gareth regularly publishes on Digital Finance matters.
Gareth also has prior experience working in the in-house legal team at one of Australia’s ‘Big 4’ banks. Gareth is currently studying a Masters in Commercial Law at the University of Melbourne where he is specialising in Commercial Litigation, Financial Services and Fintech.
- Acting and appearing on behalf of clients in the Magistrates’ Court, the Supreme Court, the Court of Appeal and County Court matters.
- Advising and acting for the State of Victoria in relation to civil litigation matters.
- Advising clients on administrative law and statutory interpretation issues, risk management and policy development.
- Advising clients in response to Ombudsman investigations.
- Advising clients on consumer law issues, including compliance with statutory warranties and restrictive trade practices.
- Advising clients on corporate governance issues, including director’s duties as well as statutory and regulatory compliance.
- Banking and Financial Services Law Association (BFSLA)
- Digital Law Association
- Caught in the Act: The Case for Organisational Corporate Criminal Liability for Banks and Financial Institutions’ (2023) 33(2) Journal of Banking and Finance Law and Practice 52
- The long arm of the law reaches into the digital age: new powers for police to freeze and seize digital assets (2022) 25(4&5) Internet Law Bulletin 61