Matthew Allan holds a Master of Applied Taxation from the University of New South Wales, and a Bachelor of Commerce (Accounting) and Law (Honours) from the University of Adelaide. In addition, Matthew has also completed a Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice with the Law Society of South Australia and a Graduate Diploma of Chartered Accounting with the (then) Institute of Chartered Accountants in Australia.
Matthew commenced his career in the “Tax & Legal Services” Division of a “Big 4” accounting firm in 2003, during which time he completed the “Chartered Accountants Program”. Matthew subsequently joined a large South Australian commercial law firm where he became a partner in 2013, prior to joining WRP Legal & Advisory in 2015.
Matthew specialises in the areas of:
- Superannuation (particularly, SMSFs)
- Taxation (advice, planning and minisation)
- Estate & Succession Planning (Personal and Business)
- Asset Protection; and
- General Commercial Law.
Matthew has over 16 years’ experience advising clients on the above matters and is known for his no-nonsense and “plain English” approach.
Matthew has advised high profile clients including “Big 4” financial institutions, Australia’s largest SMSF administration provider, CEOs of ASX-listed companies and high-net worth individuals, in addition to acting for SME business owners and Mums and Dads.
- University of New South Wales – Master of Applied Taxation
- University of Adelaide – Bachelor of Laws (Honours)
- Law Society of South Australia – Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice
- University of Adelaide – Bachelor of Commerce (Accounting)
- Chartered Accountants Australia – Graduate Diploma of Chartered Accounting
- Member of the Law Society of South Australia
- Member of The Tax Institute
- Member of the SMSF Association
- Member of the SMSF Association’s “Local Community” (SA)