Harry leads our Tax & Structuring team. He has over 20 years’ experience in advising corporate clients, private family business groups (including SMEs and large family businesses) and high net worth individuals on complex tax, commercial and estate planning matters, and has a wealth of experience in:
- a broad range of income tax matters (including capital gains tax, trust tax matters, cross-border tax and tax avoidance matters)
- GST, stamp duty, land tax and payroll tax matters.
- trust law issues and drafting complex trust deed variations to suit
- self-managed superannuation fund regulatory and tax matters pertaining to them
- complex estate and succession planning matters and drafting complex Wills and bespoke deeds and agreements for their implementation.
- business restructuring for commercial and tax effectiveness and drafting documentation for their implementation (including rollover agreements, joint venture and development agreements, sale agreements, licence agreements) as required.
- preparing private ruling submissions, reasonably arguable position (RAP) papers, compelling objections to tax assessments, and negotiating with revenue authorities in audit situations.
Harry is the trusted adviser to clients from across a range of industries including property development, construction, manufacturing, wholesale, retail, primary production, information technology and professional services. He is recognised for the proactive and commercial approach he adopts in advising his clients.
Prior to joining KHQ, Harry was a tax and structuring partner for many years at a leading national law firm. He is a Chartered Tax Adviser with the Taxation Institute of Australia.
Harry is recognised in the Best LawyersTM in Australia for superannuation law (since 2020).