Gerard heads our Estate & Probate, Tax for Individuals and Business Succession Groups. He is an Accredited Specialist in Wills and Estates Law and a Notary Public and is recognised as one of Australia’s leading lawyers in his fields of expertise. Gerard also specialises in the Not-For-Profit Sector.
Gerard combines a broad understanding of the law with specialist skills in the legal issues surrounding estate planning and succession. He is committed to lifelong learning. He believes in the value of long-standing relationships and he has been advising many of his private and NFP clients for some time.
- Being recognised as a leader in Australia and NSW in Wills & Estates Litigation and Wills, Estates and Succession Planning in 2015 – 2018 by Doyle’s Guide to the Australian Legal Profession.
- Being asked to act as an expert witness in Succession Law cases.
- Successfully defending a trustee from a Supreme Court application to remove him without any proper legal basis, in a case reported extensively in the press.
- Author of a thesis on informal Wills and been involved in numerous Supreme Court cases involving informal Wills.
- Writing and publishing a research paper on judicial advice for trustees and being involved in numerous applications for trustees.
- Being awarded top graduating student in Masters of Applied Law (Wills and Estates) by the College of Law in 2012 and being asked by the College to lecture to students on the topic of judicial advice for trustees.